Visit our blog site
What's it all about?
SMART Cebu is a project co funded by the European Commission’s Switch Asia Programme and the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation (BMZ). The project is implemented by a consortium of European and Philippine organizations in Cebu that is aimed at increasing the competitiveness of Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) engaged in the home and lifestyle sectors in Cebu by promoting clean production, development of eco-friendly products and entering the green markets in Europe and Asia.
The overall aim of the project is to foster and support an increased competitiveness of SMEs in three sectors (furniture and furnishing; fashion accessories; gift, toys and house ware) and to contribute to a greener environment on Cebu.
The efforts on the production side will be complemented by a marketing and export strategy in order to stimulate the demand for these "green" products from cebu.
The project SMARTCebu aims at
increasing the competitiveness of SMEs in the home and lifestyle industries and thus to develop a cleaner environment on Cebu.
The specific objective is related to the production of eco-friendly home and lifestyle products from Cebu: The products will be cleaner and the marketing will be enhanced and promoted.
We strive for the following results:
Result 1: BMOS are capacitated to promote and channel sustainable consumption and production effectively
Result 2: Develop an effective marketing strategy to boost sales of Cebu Green Products
Result 3: Production of Cebu home and lifestyle products is made cleaner and more efficient
Activities foreseen are:
- Capacity strengthening of Business Member Organisations (BMOs) in the furniture and furnishings and fashion accessories sector
- Promotion of SCP matters at policy level by BMOs (SCP Business Agenda)
- Facilitation of access to finance for SME investing “green”
- Development of relevant marketing strategies and training therein
- Awareness raising on SCP matters, specifically on policy making level
- Establishment of 15 – 18 Sector units; Dissemination of innovation, results and SCP guides through those sector units to approx. 400 – 450 SMEs.
- Implementation of more efficient and SCP oriented production
- Training of efficiency, OHS and sector units experts as well as factory staff
- Establishment of SCP desks at relevant business organisations